- Fill in an application form and hand in it at the SPASA Lephalale offices, necessary documents are:
- Municipal account
- If applicable, a copy of your rental agreement.
- The application is sent to the municipality for approval, which takes two to three days to process.
- Applicants will then be contacted to verify the meter attached to their accounts, and to be informed that they may proceed to the SPASA Lephalale offices for final registration, which entails changing their meter to prepay and linking their cellphone to their municipal account. This enables the consumer to receive daily balance notifications, recharge alerts via SMS, and view prepaid balances via USSD.
- The customer may then choose to either link their card of choice (Debit/Credit) to their prepaid account for USSD prepaid purchases, or to purchase their prepaid credit via one of the prepaid vendors.
- At this point the customer is fully registered on the prepaid system, and a final postpaid reading of their meter is taken to be sent to the Municipality. Customers will receive their final postpaid bill when the consumption for that period has been processed by the municipality.
Customers will also be provided with login details to access the meter management system via the internet. Here they are able to view their latest consumption information, consumption history and prepaid balance. Consumption information is updated every four hours.